Thursday, June 7, 2012

Spirits at 2:30AM?

Well, it certainly isn't 2:30AM. In fact, I decided to sleep in this morning, so it is actually 5:20AM. Sorry Jeff.

I have actually been leaving early for work so I can sit in my car for 15 or 20 minutes outside of my office and write in my notebook.

Is there a lot of people out there that prefer to write with a pen or pencil on plain 'ol paper? Every now and then I will write on the laptop... actually, now that I think about it, I write on my laptop every morning, on this here blog. But these are short segments of writing, not full stories. I am just able to put my thoughts out there on paper so much easier than a computer screen. See, as soon as I was done with that sentence I had to stop and think about what I was going to write next. Obviously I didn't think of anything to write because I wrote that last sentence... and that last sentence... and that... I digress. My point being, writing in a notebook? I give it two thumbs up.

Are there any books out there that are basically character studies of people the author has met? Strange and interesting people that the writer just decided are way to out there to not be written about? I feel like I know a lot of these characters to tell you the truth. I actually want to go up to my bar in Fremont with a voice recorder and just go around and have conversations with all of the regulars. See what they really have to say, which I get an ear full already whenever I go there. I guess that's what I am kind of doing with A Year To Fix Nothing: Wash My Boat, but I almost feel like I am trying to find a purpose in writing that. And I think I have found a decent ending, being that I am leaving that company for bigger and better things.

Still in the middle of Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72. I am not a terribly fast reader, sometimes only reading three or four pages a day, but this is mainy due to the fact that I haven't had a day off of work in almost a month and a half and I work relatively late every day. When I come home I tend to smoke my cigarettes and my weed, maybe crack open a brewskie if there happen to be any in the fridge, though I must bid this lifestyle adieu. With my new gig coming up, I am going to have to stop smoking cigarettes and weed and tone down the drinking.

Bah!

Looks like I will be taking up spirits. Good thing that's a lot easier these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment