Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Inspiration and Quitting

In response to Day 6 of the 15 Day Writing Challenge:


I actually get a lot of inspiration from music, and other literature of course.

"So it goes." -Vonnegut

"We are a generation of men raised by women." -Palahniuk

"It hasn't gotten weird enough for me." -Thompson

"I've seen the needle and the damage done." -Neil Young

"The lunatic is in my head." -Pink Floyd

"Heavens just a scab away, I'd like to see you after just one taste." -The Mars Volta

I wish plagiarism wasn't real, then I would copy all of these artists' words thoroughly.

Well, day one of no smoking. Last cigarette was eight and half hours ago, and that was just a butt I picked out of the ashtray. This will be a brutal day I am not going to lie, for everything pretty much triggers the need for a cigarette for me. After a cup of coffee (which I am drinking right now. Bad start), getting into my car (usually smoke about three before I even get to the shop), getting back into my car after leaving the shop, getting to the first job site, a break before lunch, one before eating lunch, one (sometimes two) after eating lunch, a break after lunch, getting into my car to go home (and most likely two more before I actually get home) and more and more as I sit at home. Wow, this is the first time I have actually tallied up the sticks. That is at least 15 before I even get back home. What can I say, I love to smoke. I've actually tried the patch before I it worked stupendously. But I only had a week's worth and no more money when I ran out so I immediately relapsed as soon as I didn't have any more patches left.

Luckily I don't really start smoking until 7:00AM (when i get in my car to leave for work) so I am currently in a stable state, but you wait until tomorrow morning and I am sure you will really get a piece of my mind then.

No comments:

Post a Comment